Monday, April 22, 2013

Traitor uterus & ovaries!

I was wandering around Facebook and came across http://pinwheelsandpoppies.wordpress.com/2013/04/22/lesions-and-masses-and-nodules-oh-my/#comment-598
She is going through a lot of worry and anxiety about a kidney diagnosis, or 'not diagnosis' since they really don't know yet.
I've been running through what I'm feeling, trying to get a grasp, and she really opened things up for me. My best wishes of a hopeful diagnosis is sent across the miles.
I've had abdominal issues since my 1st c-section in 2001 and the VA/Army/civilian docs have passed me around, not really sending me to anyone of any help.
I found one GYN that said he felt a large mass of scar tissue that was built up around & attached to my ovary. He used 3 of his fingers (they were very large) to indicate the size. He wanted to remove it to help the pain. He also said that my uterus was sitting in there all ( when it should be in there like ) and since 2004 no one else wants to acknowledge that it's in there wrong. What the hell??
Now the GYN/surgeon from a different VA says he "can go in and look around and get all the bad stuff out" and he's "pretty sure it's not cancer and we shouldn't need a full hysterectomy but we won't know until we get in there." Thank you. I feel much better.    
Oh, wait....no I don't.
I'm a huge worrier about everything and Husband tells me all the time to stop worrying, like it's something I can just turn off. Believe me, if I could, I would.
I haven't cried over all of this yet unless you count the doubling over in pain from the random shooting streaks of lightning that I swear are running through me. In all of my horrible worry my IBS is so flared up that there's almost no point in even eating. I'm just wasting food. In & right back out again.
I haven't told Husband I'm worried about all this because there is so much else on his plate right now that I don't want to add to it. He will be mad when he finds out I hid how I feeling but it's for his own good for now. He wouldn't tell me to stop worrying if he knew this now. He would tell me that every thing will be fine and he's sure it'll won't be anything major and this mini procedure will take care of everything.
See, no need to bug him.
I hate surgery. It's scary. What's worse? Then anesthesia and the needle that goes in your back. I don't know as of yet if that's how I'll get my anesthesia or not but it freaks me out to no end to not know! The 1st kid was an emergency c-section on an Army base & they were jacked the hell up in the first place so I had no faith in them. . The feeling I get in my body with that running through it makes me want to yomit. Yes, yomit with a Y...because it's worse than regular vomit. The 2nd was planned so I had time in advance to worry & be sick.
I can still, to this day, feel the spot where the needle went in my back and out into my body and I get chills like people say they feel when a ghost walks through them. Just creepy.
I haven't told my mom either. Does that make me a bad daughter? She's like 4 states away & worries just as much as I do, if not more since I'm her child and it wouldn't do either of us any good. I will tell her after & Doc calls with results.

The 15th of May for the laparoscopy is still a long way away.


No comments:

Post a Comment