Monday, June 24, 2013

2008 Fall Festival at the Dallas Arboretum

Since we've been back in the Dallas area, I am determined to get out and do more. Phillip is getting better at wanting to do this as well so it no longer feels like I am pulling teeth to go on a family outing. He wants the girls to remember the things we did as a family. Something he never really had growing up.
In wanting to get out and do, we went to the Arboretum. Something I never would've thought of before if it wasn't for Anais.
Right now they have the Great Pumpkin Festival going on. Pretty fall colors (odd for north Texas) and hay bales and pumpkins galore!! There were pumpkin shapes I had never seen before. Everything was so pretty. When you log onto the website(http://www.dallasarboretum.org/) you get a glimpse of what they have but it doesn't compare to seeing it in person. So beautiful! 
They had a hay bale maze and a 15' Pumpkin house. The walkways were lined on with pumpkins and there was a big area you could let the kids run and try to get that 'perfect fall picture.' The Arboretum is right on White Rock Lake and when you are standing on the hill looking down towards the concert stage area (they were playing beautiful piano music the day we went) the lake is in the background. It was full of sailboats. Another lovely site. Normally it is scorching hot here all the time but we've been lucky enough to experience some really great cool fall days lately with just enough of a breeze that it made for a perfect day.

I love taking pictures of the girls so this was a ton of fun for me. I amthe 'picture-taker.' Hardly ever will you see me in a picture but I do have loads of Phillip and the girls. I got over 60 pictures, 4 videos and about a dozen pics of just scenery. I am only in 5 of those pictures.
I am really looking forward to Holiday at the Arboretum featuring The Nutcracker display. It starts November 22.
I love the fall!

originally posted October 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment