Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hide & Seek with my mind *2008*

*originally posted TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2008*

I swear, sometimes I think I've lost it!

My mom is close to losing it so it only seems right, being the oldest of 3, that I am next in line. I mess with my mom sometimes. OK. I mess with her all the time. She will be off in her own little world (for a really long time) and the whole world has faded...then she hears me somewhere in the distance...
"Mom.....Mooommm......Mother!......Earth calling Pluto!"
She laughs and tells me to stop saying that. But really Mom, it's the only way to get your attention half the time. Has she lost it? No more than the rest of us(i hope). She just had 2-million things going on at once and only has the ability to successfully take care of one thing at a time.

Me too. Seriously, I have to write down Everything! My problem...I have too many lists all over the house with things I'm supposed to remember to do or take care of or whatever. You would think that since I do have this problem that I would designate one *Special Spot* for my notes to be for when I need them. Well, wouldn't that make sense!

I can't multi-task to save my life. What a train wreck that is! Oh sure, lemme try it. I promise you will die of laughter and whatever I was supposed to do will only be half-assed.
I used to hate it when my dad would say that to me. He used to tell me I always did things half-assed. Well, he was right and now I know why! I can't multi-task. He also told me (and still does) that I am just like my mom. I'm good with that.

I like that I can be so much like someone who strives to always do what is best and what is right. Someone who is funny and fun to be around. Someone who always tries to find the good in people and be the nice and extra-caring person. Someone who put all others before herself. I'm glad I'm like my mom. Everybody should be more like my mom. I would probably like more people if they were like her. My husband, who doesn't care for many, would probably like someone. :)

My fave: that my mom gets so giggly about something and laughing so good that she can't finish her story in anytihng other than random high-pitched squeaks. She snorts and cries when she laughs. Me too. ;)
I guess I will just have to deal with losing it. In the meantime, I will continue to write everything down
or... forget it.
Whatever happens first, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment