Monday, June 24, 2013

Gregory House, M.D.



Gregory House, M.D.
(Hugh Laurie)
I found myself doing a countdown. I was counting the days until the new season of House started. Just the thought of the show coming back on put a smile on my face. Now that it is back on, I look forward to every Tuesday (my favorite day anyway). DO NOT bug me when the show is on. I will lose it! Am I obsessed? It depends on how you look at it.
You have to have a certain appreciation for sarcastic people. A Love, if you will. I think my love for the show has a lot to do with the humor and bold sarcasm of the character. House is extremly great at what he does and point-blank. If only all people could be like that.
Everybody is so worried about how the other person will take it if you are a little more outspoken. Is being outspoken really that bad? It must be, because outspoken is something I am not. It is unfortunate.
I wish I could be an ass sometimes. I wish I could tell people what I think and not give a care as to how they would react. House is a complete ass. Maybe that is part of my love for the show. Of course, if you dig deep enough into that hard-core surface there is a soft spot...or two.
If my husband were most like anyone in show business, it would be House! I see a lot of my husband in this character so maybe I am obsesssed.
The same things that made me fall in love with him and the same things that irritate me about my husband are what I find attractive in this character. One of Phillip's greatest feats: that no matter the situation, he can always make me laugh. I do love that!
My next countdown? CSI!

originally posted October 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment